Don’t Call Me Beautiful: Do Affirmations Really Work?
I have a hard time believing people when they complement me. I either shrug it off or I feel like they are just saying it to be nice and they don’t really mean it. I think it is because I don’t believe it about myself. This brings me to the topic of today’s post and an exciting announcement.
Our First 30-Day Challenge
To kick-off the launch of Budding Joy I will be starting our first 30-day challenge. This one is all about affirmations. I used to think affirmations were useless, but I’m starting to believe in the power that they can have in living your best life. I’ve listened to countless podcasts, audiobooks, and even watched a few YouTube videos about affirmations. They have all came to the same conclusion… say positive affirmations often enough and you will live a more positive life, and who doesn’t want that?
Now that I’ve started paying attention to the importance of affirmations, it’s time to start making them a habit. That is where this challenge comes in. Here is how it will work:
Different Themes Each Week
There are many areas in my life that could use a littl work. Each week I’ll have a certain theme surrounding the affirmations. I’ll continue to build the affirmations up so that by the end of the month I’ll have affirmations for each area that I want to improve. My themes will be weight loss, self-acceptance, finances, and relationships. The last day of the challenge will be devoted to reflection. If you will be doing this challenge with me, feel free to use these categories or come up with categories of your own.
Different Actions Each Day
While I won’t be doing these actions all the time, I think for this challenge it will help jumpstart saying affirmations a habit. If you are following along in the challenge here are the actions you’ll do with me. These will also be in the free printable you can get down below.
- Day 1: Say It- look in the mirror and repeat each affirmation two times
- Day 2: Write It- jot down each affirmation on a post-it note and stick it somewhere you will see everyday
- Day 3: Create It part one- using a medium of your choice (drawing, painting, writing, etc.) spend some time creating something based off each affirmation
- Day 4: Create It part two- using a medium of your choice (drawing, painting, writing, etc.) spend some time creating something based off each affirmation
- Day 5: Journal It: Spend some time journaling about why this affirmation is so important to you How did you come up with it? Why does it empower you?, etc.
- Day 6 & 7: Visualize It- To wrap the week up spend some time visualizing you already achieving your goal, having what you want, or feeling how you want to feel. What does your life look like now? How do you feel about yourself, your career, your family and friends, or your life in general?
I hope you will join me in this 30-day challenge. If you are in, comment below and let me know if you have had experience with affirmations, or if this challenge will be your introduction to them.