Blogmas is still going strong here on Budding Joy. Today I’ve teamed up with Anabel from Sincerely Anabel and Emily from Serenity Places to bring you topics on decorating, self-care, and productivity for Christmas time. Be sure to check them out and follow along with them for their take on Blogmas if you haven’t already.
Self-care and the holidays don’t typically go hand in hand. There is so much to be done, hosting parties, going shopping, taking the kids to see Santa, studying for finals, oh and you have to find time to wrap presents. It all seems to be go, go, go, go, go! It doesn’t, and it shouldn’t have to be this way. Here are four ways you can prioritize self-care during the busiest wonderful time of the year.
4 Ways To Prioritize Self-Care
- Schedule It In: When you are just that busy it’s okay if you need to physically put “me” time in your schedule, as long as you actually do it. Getting up an hour early, setting alarms on your phone, or inputting it on your calendar, are all ways you can do this. It may seem silly to schedule your self-care. To combat this remember to tell yourself that this is only temporary. Either your schedule will lighten up after the holidays, or you’ll get used to your self-care time and it will become a habit.
- Have it be your favorite Christmas activity: does listening to music relax you? Are you in your zone when you are in the kitchen? Do you like to be transported to another world via books or movies? Good news! All these can be Christmas activities. You can listen to Christmas music, bake Christmas goodies, and watch your favorite Christmas movie. You would be taking time for you while also participating in the Christmas festivities.
- Host a Christmas themed spa party: While self-care isn’t exclusive to face masks and manicures, it can sure be a part of it. If that is your thing. Instead of prepping to go to another Christmas party or event, bring the party to you. I’m sure your girlfriends would also love to take some time to unwind during this busy season.
- Give yourself the gift of self-care: Don’t know where to start with self-care. A perfect place to start is with a self-care box. I recently got a Therabox. Here is a list of some other popular self-care boxes. What’s nice about these is that they feel like presents to yourself. You also get a chance to discover new products. Most of these boxes also have some sort of activity or inspiration. I love my new gratitude journal from Therabox.
These are just a few ways to prioritize self-care during the holidays. What are some ideas you can come up with? I’d love to know down in the comments. Also, don’t forget to check out Sincerely Anabel for how to be productive during the busy season and Serenity Places for ideas on how you can decorate your home for Christmas.
This post is a part of Blogmas 2019. Catch up on other festive topics down below.
- Gift Guide Part 1
- Gift Guide Part 2
- My Christmas Bucket List
- Why I Love Christmas
- Guest Post: Holiday Blues
- Christmas Favorites
- Self-Care (you are here)